Thursday, February 17, 2005

See that skin, it's the same she's been standing in

It's funny how you don't miss the small things until they're gone. Living here in Sweden, I've come to realize how much I miss the rain. West coast rain to be specific. There's just something different about it. The smell, the way it falls, I'd love to have west coast rain instead of this crappy cold snow ice deal we have going on at the moment. And the humidity. No matter how much lotion I put on in, my skin still could be sold and made into a belt or exotic bag, it's that dry. It's like the air just sucks out all the moisture.

Anyway, had my essay critiqued today. Went fairly well. Didn't feel like I had to cry or anything because it was harsh. I actually was told it was quite good, and that there were only minor things that needed to be fixed and expanded upon. So yay! Fears waylaid momentarily. So next week I have to fix this essay up, should take a night or two to do that, and then have to write a short 3-4 page paper because I missed the first class. I can't remember what it has to be on, I'm just hoping I can get it done quickly next week, because I start and new class on Monday and I have no idea how much work it's going to entail.

Still needing to make plans to go somewhere. I'm having dinner tomorrow with Susanne, so perhaps we can work out some details then about going to Amsterdam. Really want to go somewhere, anywhere just to see something new and different. But we shall see, everything will work out in the end.

Well back to reading the other papers for tomorrow, (last class!) although I what I really want is to curl into my warm bed and go into a late winter hibernation. Very sleepy for some reason today.