Wednesday, February 09, 2005

It doesn't really matter where it all began...

Well it's been a while since I last updated. Its strange, I've been busy, but not busy all at the same time, if that makes any sense at all. I guess another reason I don't post too often is that I don't really feel like I have anything interesting to say. You tend to take for granted what you have. It's strange to walk down streets that are older than Canada itself, you just tend to forget how different your life is now from the one you left behind.

Now on to mundane things. School is okay I guess. Only having one class a week is frustrating because you have so much spare time, and when I have lots of spare time, I do nothing. Which then makes me feel useless because I'm not doing anything productive. I also have a paper to write that's due on Sunday, so I have to go and get started on that...even though I don't really want to write it. I guess I should go get started on it.

I'm getting the travel itch again. I can feel it creeping up on me. I need to go somewhere. Maybe just on a short boat cruise to Helsinki or something. I just need to get away from the familiar and go somewhere new. Hum, that's something I should look into, even if its only for the day, its better than nothing. I love to travel, get away. I love to see new things, I can't believe how liberating this exchange has been for me. I feel like a new person. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing, only time will tell I guess. I do know I've learned so many things about myself, things I don't think I would have figured out without this experience.

Anyway, yesterday my brother turned 15. God that makes me feel old. 15. I can't believe it. That makes me 20 in May. Wow, I can't even imagine how old my parents must feel! I sent him a card with some money in it, and my parents bought him a PS2 game from me. So I assume he had a great birthday, now all I hope is that his try outs for the senior rugby team go well. He's a great player. I have confidence in his abilities. He's a great kid.

Anyway back to the ret-race, or at least the race of cleaning.